Friday, July 29, 2011

I Am An Author

I AM an author. Though the ebook version of "One Promise Too Many" is not in all distribution channels as of yet and the paperback version is two weeks or so away from availability, my first novel is available at Smashwords. Next up, "A Matter of Faith" coming in September.

Today, however, I rest, listen to the fat lady sing, let Jack Getze smoke a cigar for me, tip back a beer (it's supposed to be 104 degrees here today), and think quietly about the next book -- I have this Alzheimer's patient who has vital clues about a murder, but no one will believe him until he goes missing, and...

3 comments:

Paul said...

I've heard that the difference between a "writer" and an "author" is that the latter is actually published.

Congratulations!

Rick Bylina said...

Thanks Paul. It may be a fine distinction to many, but at least for the next few days, I'll take it. :-)

Guilie Castillo said...

Cannot tell you how happy I am for you, Rick! Indeed, as Paul remarked, an "author" is a published writer, and although fine the line may be, it's a HUGE achievement! May you long bask in this glow, and may many many more successes fill your future!