Monday, March 12, 2012

I'm Just Following Orders

Guile told me to do this for reasons I'm not sure, but I've been tagged to show, from my current WIP, page 77, beginning with 7 lines from the 7th line.
- - -

"Yes, a screw. He'd been screwed. Move on. Do you have anything more conclusive?"

      Norm pushed his glasses up to the bridge of his nose and cleared his throat. "I found a small bat that fits the mark on his head. I bagged the bat. It wasn't near the body and was unlikely to have struck him with sufficient force to kill him when the meteor crashed through the office. He was hit hard. Doc needs to take a liver test, but from my experience, he was dead three to five hours before he had his close encounter."

      Jerry's close encounter wasn't close. It was dead on. I popped an aspirin for my growing headache,
- - -
Conclusion: Sometimes you feel like a nut; sometimes it's confirmed.

No comments: